KLM Cabin Quality
That’s what we are at KLM Cabin Quality. Because we serve one of the world’s leading airlines, we know exactly how demanding passengers can be. We also know that cabin cleanliness, condition and functionality influence passengers’ perceptions of an airline and their decision to choose for that airline again in future.
We work with two leading cleaning companies: Klüh and Asito. Because we have worked with both companies for many years, we are confident that they can meet our exacting quality standards in our own cabins and those of other airlines.
Our inspectors are selected and trained to see cabins through the eyes of our passengers, thus ensuring the best possible inflight experience. And because we believe in sharing our expertise, KLM Cabin Quality also serves Air France, PrivatAir, KLM Cityhopper, Martinair, Kenya Airways, Delta, China Southern, Alitalia, Armavia, Air Malta, CityJet, Estonian Air, TAROM and Belavia.
This broad customer portfolio ensures that our experience encompasses many different aircraft types, from Fokker 50s to Boeing 747s. And we approach every aircraft with the same thorough professionalism.
Here’s how we work
- Our team consists of eight quality inspectors, two contract managers and a unit manager.
- Our contract managers help customers select a service package that best meets their needs, from deep cleaning to short-turnaround cleaning.
- Our cleaning partners Klüh and Asito operate autonomously, but work in close cooperation with our contract managers, who supervise the cleaning process.
- Every day our quality inspectors conduct spot-checks on approximately 10 European flights, 10 intercontinental flights and 5 commuter flights. That means the quality of cleaning is assessed on a daily basis. And because we set our own work schedule, we’re highly flexible.
- If you order a deep clean, our suppliers complete the project and we inspect the results to ensure that our high standards have been met.
- If you order a hangar inspection, our quality inspector performs a pre-maintenance inspection, compiling a wish-list of items requiring repair. Once maintenance has been completed, a post-maintenance inspection is conducted.
More about our services
- When inspecting cabins, we use the handheld SQUAS+ system, developed by KLM, to collect a wide array of data concerning cabin quality. This data is used to compile periodical reports on cabin quality. These reports ensure that we have a broad and comprehensive overview of all aspects of cleaning.
- We cooperate closely with KLM Engineering & Maintenance, whose technicians ensure that all cabin fittings and equipment are in good working order.
- We also handle all complaints concerning cabin quality posted by crew and other departments.
Find out just how fussy we are
If our thorough approach to cabin quality appeals to you, or if you have any questions about the services we offer, please don’t hesitate to contact the KLM Cabin Quality team.