Practical Information in Moscow
A Moscow city break means a visit to a dynamic capital, with designer labels in Kuznetsky Most, hip new clubs in Kitai Gorod, and restaurants along Tverskaya and the lanes of Patriarshy Prudy.
The ruble (Rbl) is the currency.
220V AC, European two-pin plugs are standard.
GMT+3 (+4 in summertime).
+7 (national), 495 or 499 + seven-figure number (Moscow). In-country, use the '8' prefix for dialling 499 numbers, and for long-distance dialling.
Moscow Tourist Office
Public Holidays 2012-2013
- Defenders of the Fatherland Day: 23 Feb
- International Women's Day Holiday: 8 Mar
- Spring & Labour Day: 1 May
- Victory Day Holiday: 9 May
- Russia Day Holiday: 12 Jun
- Moscow Day: 31 Aug
- Day of National Unity: 4 Nov
- New Year: 1-6 Jan
- Orthodox Christmas: 7 Jan