Practical Information in Cairo
Flights to Cairo bring a beguiling mix of biblical world wonders, Nile-side chic and a rambling market filled with treasures.
Egyptian pound (£ or EGP) is the currency.
+20 (national), (0) 2 + 8-figure number (Cairo).
GMT +2 (+3 in summertime)
220V AC, 50 Hz, two-pin round plugs are standard.
Cairo Tourist Office
Public Holidays 2012-2013
- Sinai Liberation Day: 25 Apr
- Labour Day: 1 May
- Coptic Easter: 5 May
- Sham El Nessim: 6 May
- Evacuation Day: 18 Jun
- Revolution Day: 23 Jul
- Eid al-Fitr (end of Ramadan): 8-9 Aug
- Armed Forces Day: 6 Oct
- Eid al-Adha (Feast of Sacrifice): 15-16 Oct
- Ma'al Hijra (Islamic New Year): 4 (5) Nov
- Victory Day: 23 Dec
- Coptic Christmas: 7 Jan
- Moulid el-Nabi (Prophet's anniversary): 13 Jan
- Egypt Police Day: 25 Jan