Practical Information in Tokyo
Take flights to Tokyo for incense-filled temples, neon-lit nightlife and head-turning street fashion.
GMT + 9
+81 (Japan), (0)3 + eight-figure number (Tokyo).
100V AC, 50Hz, two-flat-pin plugs are standard.
Japanese Yen (¥) is the currency.
Tokyo Tourist Office
Public Holidays 2012-2013
- Founding of the Nation Day: 11 Feb
- Spring Equinox Holiday: 20 Mar
- Showa Day (former Emperor's birthday): 29 Apr
- Constitution Day: 3 May
- Greenery Day: 4 May
- Children's Day: 6 May
- Marine Day: 15 Jul
- Respect for the Aged Day: 16 Sep
- Autumn Equinox: 23 Sep
- Sports Day: 14 Oct
- Culture Day: 4 Nov
- Labour Thanksgiving Day: 23 Nov
- Emperor's Birthday: 23 Dec
- New Year's Day: 1 Jan
- Coming of Age Day: 14 Jan</p