Practical Information in Hong Kong
Flights to Hong Kong take you to gleaming sky-scrapers designed with feng shui know-how, and the boat-filled Victoria harbour.
220 volts, 50 Hz, three-pin plugs are standard.
+852 plus eight-digit number.
Hong Kong Dollar (HK$) is the currency, and US Dollars are often accepted in major shops and hotels.
Hong Kong Tourist Office
Public Holidays 2012-2013
- Chinese New Year: 11-12 Feb
- Easter: 29 Mar-1 Apr
- Qing Ming Festival: 4 Apr
- Labour Day: 1 May
- Buddha's Birthday: 17 May
- Dragon Boat (Tuen Ng) Festival: 12 Jun
- Hong Kong SAR Establishment Day: 1 Jul
- Chinese Mid-Autumn Festival Holiday: 20 Sep
- National Day: 1 Oct
- Cheung Yun Festival: 14 Oct
- Christmas: 25-26 Dec
- New Year's Day: 1 Jan