Important: read the following before requesting a refund of your ticket cost
Once you request a refund, all flights in your booking will be cancelled.
It may take up to 4 weeks to handle your refund request. The refund will be made in the same currency and using the same payment method as used to purchase your ticket.
Did you pay by PayPal or Western Union? Please contact the KLM Service Centre.
If you purchased your ticket from a travel agent, you must contact your travel agent. For tickets bought from an airline other than KLM, please contact that airline.
Ticket refund conditions
The costs of your ticket will be refunded in any of the following cases:
- You request a refund of your ticket within 24 hours after booking
- Your KLM flight was cancelled and you did not take an alternative flight.
- The conditions of your KLM ticket allow for a refund. An administration fee is always charged.
- Your European flight was delayed more than 90 minutes and your outbound and return flights were scheduled on the same day
- Your intercontinental KLM flight was delayed more than 3 hours.
- The passenger passed away.
- The visa application was denied.
- Your journey with KLM could not be completed due to a flight delay of more than 5 hours.
If you booked a Business Class ticket but travelled in Economy Class you can apply for a refund of the fare difference. Please contact the KLM Service Centre
Were you unable to board a KLM flight because it was overbooked?