Arrange more comfort online
Until 48 hours before departure you can select or change your seat, and choose more comfort:
- Via My Trip
- When booking on KLM.com
And from 30 hours before departure (including Economy Comfort seats on intercontinental Delta Air Lines flights):
- When checking in online at KLM.com (from 24 hours before departure for flights to and from the United States)
- At a self-service machine at the airport – if available at your departure airport.
You can also ask for a seat in the Economy Comfort zone on board your flight. You can always pay by credit card, and in many countries we offer other payment options as well.
Economy Comfort seats
Get comfortable on KLM flights! For intercontinental KLM flights and on all our European KLM flights operated with a Boeing 737, you can reserve Economy Comfort seats:
- Up to 10 cm (4 in) more legroom
- Up to double the recline
- In the front of the Economy Class cabin, so upon arrival you’ll be among the first to be on your way.
The service in the Economy Comfort zone is the same as in Economy Class.
Reserve your Economy Comfort seat for EUR 20 to 160 (or 5,000 to 25,000 Flying Blue Miles via My Trip. Prices are per one way KLM flight.
Seats with extra legroom
A bit more legroom goes a long way! Depending on the aircraft type, our seats with extra legroom offer:
- On European KLM flights, up to 97 cm (38 in) of legroom
- On intercontinental KLM flights, at least 140 cm (55 in) of legroom
You can buy a seat with extra legroom for EUR 20 to 90 (or 5,000 to 22,500 Flying Blue Miles via My Trip) per one way KLM flight.
On most intercontinental KLM flights, you can reserve preferred seats – favourite regular seats - in Economy Class:
- Seats at the window or along the aisle, just behind the Economy Comfort zone
- Seats in a row of 2 seats, which can be bought separately. Please note that some of these seats cannot fully recline.
You can reserve a preferred seat for EUR 30 (or 7,500 Flying Blue Miles via My Trip) per one way KLM flight.
Discounts for frequent flyers
Flying Blue member, or other frequent flyer? You might be able to reserve an extra comfortable seat for less! Discounts do not apply if you pay with Flying Blue Miles.
|No charge*||No charge||No charge|
|50% discount*||50% discount||50% discount|
|25% discount*||25% discount||25% discount|
* Also for Economy Comfort seats on Delta Air Lines flights
Compare seat types
Compare advantages and prices of all our seat types on European and intercontinental KLM flights, and see how and when to reserve.
Changing your seat and refunds
Log on to My Trip to:
- Change your extra comfortable seat to a seat of the same type on the same flight – free of charge
- Change your extra comfortable seat to another type on the same flight (for example, changing a seat with extra legroom to a seat in the Economy Comfort zone) – at an additional charge.
If you have reserved an extra comfortable seat and you change your flight times or dates, you need to reserve an extra comfortable seat again on the new flight. You may then apply for a refund of the costs of the extra comfortable seat on the original flight.
We will do our very best to make sure you will get the seat you have chosen. In some cases we may need to give you another seat, for example in case of an aircraft change. If this happens, we are very sorry and apologize for the inconvenience. You may be entitled to a refund, which you can easily apply for online.