Changing or cancelling flights
On this page:
You can change your travel dates, times and/or destination with any kind of changeable ticket type – or if you bought Flexibility. The change conditions for your ticket type can be found in My Trip and in your booking confirmation e-mail. Just make sure that your ticket number starts with ‘074’(KLM), ‘057’ (AIR FRANCE) or with 006 (Delta Air Lines).
To change an Award ticket, please contact the Flying Blue Service Centre. If you booked via a travel agent, please contact them to change your flights.
If we arrange your flight change for you, we do charge an administration fee. This fee does not apply if you have a fully flexible ticket type or if you bought Flexibility to change your flight.
Buy Flexibility to change flights - free of cost
Add Flexibility when booking intra-European flights on KLM.com, and enjoy the freedom to change your plans up to 3 times – no change fee!
At just EUR 14 per person, Flexibility gives you the freedom to:
- Change any or all flights in your booking up to 3 times
- Change travel dates, times and/or your destination (within Europe)
- Change up to 48 hours before departure of the flight you wish to change
No change fee, no administration fee! And no fare difference costs when changing to the same fare type. When changing to a higher fare type, you will need to pay the fare difference. When changing to a lower fare type, the fare difference will not be reimbursed.
- Tax recalculation may add a bit to the new ticket price.
Buying Flexibility is possible during booking on KLM.com only, and for European flights that will depart in 10 or more days.
Contact us to arrange your flight change – we won’t charge you the administration fee if you bought Flexibility.
In your booking confirmation e-mail you will find the conditions for cancelling your ticket.
To cancel flights booked directly with KLM, simply request a refund online. Please note that all flights in your booking will be cancelled. To cancel your booking we always charge an administration fee.
To cancel tickets booked via a travel agent, please contact your travel agent.
If your name in your booking has been misspelled, please contact the KLM Service Centre as soon as possible. If it is still possible to correct your name, you may need to pay a fee.
No need to correct your name:
- If you have several first names. It’s ok if you entered only the first when you booked.
- If your ticket shows your names in a different order, without spaces and/or with ‘MR’, ‘MRS’ or ‘MS’ between your names – this is how names are shown in our systems.
- If only your maiden name shows (with the condition of having your maiden name on your passport).
If you booked an Award ticket, please contact the Flying Blue Service Centre.
If part of your journey will be with a partner airline of KLM, please contact that airline as soon as possible. If you booked via a travel agent, please contact them. You may need to pay a fee to change your name.