- Select the best flight yourself
Compare flights and fares at a glance
- Saves time – it’s easy!
Book a complete journey in just a few steps. You’re in control!
- Arrange your trip anywhere, anytime.
We’re here for you around the clock.
About booking online
We’ve made online booking really easy: just one list shows you the best-value flights so you can compare them yourself.
You can even choose to fly back from or to a different location, or book multiple destinations. Want greater flexibility in making changes or cancellations or earn more Flying Blue Miles? It’s all up to you.
If you need some time to think about a flight, you can take an option. This gives you 1 to 14 days, depending on the fare type and departure time, to sleep on it. You can buy the ticket later, but at the same price.
When booking your flight on KLM.com, you can also:
- choose your seat or arrange an extra comfortable seat in Economy Class until 48 hours before departure
- order an à la carte meal in Economy Class for most intercontinental KLM flights departing from Amsterdam
- take extra pieces of baggage at a discount of 20% or more*
- compensate for the CO2 emissions of your flight
And for your journey, you can:
- book a hotel
- rent a car
- arrange fun things to do
- reserve a parking space at the airport
- book transportation to and from the airport.
Everything you select is added to your booking and you conveniently pay for it all at once.
* To take special baggage – such as a suitcase, sports equipment or a musical instrument larger than 158 cm/62 inches (length + width + height) or heavier than 23 kg/50.5 lbs – you will have to make these arrangements separately by telephone at least 48 hours before departure
How does it work?
Step 1- Search: select your destination and travel dates
Plan your trip according to your wishes. You can even reserve a flight from or back to another location. Or view your saved flights and finalise your booking in just a few clicks.
Step 2 – Select date, price, time and conditions
The flight with the lowest fare is selected automatically. The overview shows all the flights with special fares that apply to the date(s) you selected. Adjusting your search request is easy.
You can even save your search results for 30 days. Or take an option to guarantee the price of the selected flight, if you need some time to decide on your purchase.
You can sort the flights yourself - according to departure time, for example. This step also shows you the seat map and details for each flight.
Do you need more flexibility in making a change or cancellation? It’s easy to adjust these conditions according to your travel plans, opt for more Flying Blue Miles or travel part of your journey in Business Class.
You can also choose your seat or arrange an extra comfortable seat until 48 hours before departure of intercontinental flights, buy extra baggage at a discount and compensate for CO2.
Step 3 - Your order
Go directly to the check-out or add a hotel stay and/or a rental car at your destination to your order. For some destinations you can also arrange for fun things to do, reserve a parking space or transportation to and from the airport.
Step 4 – Check-out: personal details and preferences
You might also want to request a special meal in line with your medical needs or religious convictions.
Step 5 – Confirmation: payment and confirmation
Review the details of your reservation, choose a method of payment, and confirm your booking. Next, you will see a confirmation page that will also be sent to you by e-mail. Once confirmed, you’re on your way!
Demo: booking online
Would you like to see how to book a ticket online? Our demo shows you step by step how to find the best flight and customise your travel plans. It also shows you how to select a hotel and ends by showing the confirmation and payment process.
Booking safely and securely online
We carefully protect all your personal and credit card data. For the online booking process, we use the latest technologies to encrypt and send your personal data. And to protect your details, we have also made strictly enforced agreements with our partners who act on our behalf.
You can use online booking if:
- You book a flight up to 11 months before the departure of your return flight.
- You are travelling with no more than one baby under 2 years old. If you want to travel with more than one baby younger than 2 years of age, you can book your flight by calling KLM Telephone Reservations.
- The passenger for whom you are making the reservation is at least 15 years of age. Children younger than 15 may travel only when accompanied by a parent or an escort who is at least 18 years of age. This adult must be on the same flight and sit in the same travel class. A child between the ages of 5 and 14 may travel alone if the Unaccompanied Minor Service is reserved in advance. To reserve the Unaccompanied Minor Service, please call KLM Telephone Reservations.
If booking online is not possible, KLM Telephone Reservations or your travel agent will be happy to help.
Flying Blue members
If you want to book an award ticket with your Award Miles, you can do this by going to your personal Flying Blue page
Booked your flight? My Trip!
Once you have received the confirmation of your booking, you can manage your flight details in ‘My Trip’:
- Change your travel dates and/or times
- Choose your seat or treat yourself to an extra comfortable seat until 48 hours before departure on intercontinental flights
- Arrange to bring extra baggage at a discount
- Fill in your contact details to stay informed of any changes to your flight schedule
- Enter Advance Passenger Information (API) details
- Compensate for CO2 emissions
- Order an à la carte meal
- And much more