Refunds and compensation
On this page:
Refund of ticket costsHere is in which cases you can request a refund of your ticket costs:
- Your KLM flight was cancelled and you did not take an alternative flight
- If the conditions of your ticket allow for a refund or
- You cancelled your trip because your European flight was delayed more than 90 minutes and your outbound and return flights were scheduled on the same day
- You cancelled your KLM flight because it was delayed for more than 3 hours.
- In case of the death of a passenger or
- In case of visa refusal
Read more and request a refund>
Refund of extra option costsWant to request a refund for extra option costs such as extra comfortable seats, extra baggage, upgrade to Business Class, a la carte meal or flexibility? Read on the extra option refund page in which cases you can request a refund. Your ticket number always needs to start with 074.
Read more and request a refund >
Request compensationHere is in which cases you can request compensation:
- Your KLM flight was cancelled or delayed for more than 3 hours
- Your flight was not cancelled or delayed due to special circumstances, such as extreme weather conditions, political instability or a third party strike
Did you receive a KLM voucher?
Some vouchers which you received due to cancellation, delay, denied boarding or downgrading, are refundable (‘refundable EMD’) and can be exchanged for cash. Other vouchers (TDC, TCV and the non-refundable EMD) you can use as credit for your next flight booking and/or to buy extra options.