Flying Blue – American Express Gold Card
Your Gold Card benefits
- 1 Award Mile per euro spent on all purchases
- 1.5 Award Miles per euro spent for flights with AIR FRANCE and KLM
- 1.5 Level Mile per euro spent with KLM and AIR FRANCE
- 4 extra Qualifying flights per year
- KLM Gift Card worth €50
- Comprehensive compensation package for flight delay/loss of baggage
- Comprehensive travel and cancellation insurance
- Extend the validity of your Award Miles balance by 20 months with every purchase
- Share & Fly: share Award Miles with any of your supplementary card holders
- Fly now Pay later: pay for your KLM and AIR FRANCE tickets in three monthly instalments at no extra charge
- Payment security insurance: purchased items are insured against theft or damage and you will not pay any excess in case of fraud
- Hertz Welcome Voucher worth € 30 plus 15% discount at Hertz Car Rental in the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxemburg, France and the United Kingdom
Upgrade to the next membership level
Flying Blue members upgrade to a higher membership level in two ways: with Level Miles or with Qualifying flights. As soon as you cross the threshold to Silver, Gold, or Platinum membership, you become a Flying Blue Elite member. Elite members benefit from extra advantages, including an Elite Mileage bonus and the option to carry over Level Miles to the next year, meaning that your Level Miles balance will never be reset to zero.
Earn Level Miles with your Flying Blue – American Express Gold Card
You will earn Award Miles on all purchases done with your Gold Card. When you use your Gold Card to purchase a ticket or another product with KLM or AIR FRANCE, you also earn Level Miles which will count towards determining your membership level during the Annual Level Check.
Earn four extra Qualifying flights per year
Gold Card holders receive four extra Qualifying flights every year. These flights are added to the number of Qualifying flights that you've already earned, making it easier for you to maintain your current level. You might even earn enough Qualifying Flights to reach the next membership level, where you will enjoy more benefits.
Extend the validity of your Award Miles
In the Flying Blue programme, your Award Miles remain valid if you fly with KLM or AIR FRANCE once every twenty months. With every purchase using your American Express Card you extend the validity period of your Award Miles balance by 20 months. This way, you are assured of retaining your Award Miles balance even if you don’t fly for a while.
Share & Fly
Share & Fly lets you share your Award Miles with any supplementary card holders on your American Express account. Earning together is a quicker, more efficient way to your next award ticket. Your additional card holders can transfer (part of) their Award Miles to you at no charge – and vice versa.
Fly now Pay later
You can now opt to pay for KLM and AIR FRANCE tickets purchased with your Gold Card in three instalments – at no extra expense!* All you have to do is to pay for your tickets with your Flying Blue – American Express card and then access your American Express account online to activate this free option (www.americanexpress.com, ‘My Account’).
* No minimum purchase. Payment will be made in 3 equal, successive monthly instalments. If you do not want to pay in instalments, your purchase of KLM and AIR FRANCE tickets will be debited in full on the American Express account for the current month.
Comprehensive travel and cancellation insurance*
In addition to compensation for a flight delay or loss of baggage, Gold Card holders benefit from both comprehensive continuous travel and cancellation insurance by paying with your card.
Payment security insurance*
In case your purchases were damaged or stolen, up to €1400 can be refunded to you until 90 days after the purchase date. American Express also offers a unique ‘Money Back Guarantee’ which will ensure that you can reclaim up to €400 on any purchased items. What's more, you run no risks in the event of fraud or card abuse, and a lost card will be available within 24 hours.
* Please refer to the general Terms and Conditions for insurance policies at www.americanexpress.nl