Your Platinum Card benefits
- 1.5 Award Miles per euro spent on all purchases
- 2 Award Miles per euro spent on flights with KLM and AIR FRANCE
- 2 Level Miles per euro spent with KLM or AIR FRANCE
- 8 extra Qualifying flights per year
- Platinum for 2: share your Flying Blue Platinum status with your partner
- Platinum Lifestyle Service: personal assistance for all your special requests
- Extensive compensation package for flight delay/loss of baggage
- Very comprehensive travel and cancellation insurance
- Extend the validity of your Award Miles balance by 20 months with every purchase
- 24/7 access to the exclusive KLM ticket reservations service
- Share & Fly: share Award Miles with any of your supplementary card holders
- Fly now Pay later: pay for your KLM and AIR FRANCE tickets in three fixed instalments at no extra charge
- Payment security insurance: purchased items are insured against theft or damage and you will not pay any excess in case of fraud
- Hertz Welcome Voucher worth € 30 plus 15% discount worldwide at Hertz Car Rental
Upgrade to the next membership level
Flying Blue members upgrade to a higher membership level in two ways: with Level Miles or with Qualifying flights. As soon as you cross the threshold to Silver, Gold, or Platinum membership, you become a Flying Blue Elite member. Elite members benefit from extra advantages, including an Elite Mileage bonus and the option to carry over Level Miles to the next year, meaning that your Level Miles balance will never be reset to zero.
• Earn Level Miles with your Flying Blue – American Express Platinum Card
You will earn Award Miles on all purchases done with your Platinum Card. When you use your Platinum Card to purchase a ticket or another product with KLM or AIR FRANCE, you also earn Level Miles which will count towards determining your membership level during the Annual Level Check.
• Earn eight extra Qualifying flights per year
Platinum Card holders receive eight extra Qualifying flights every year. These flights are added to the number of Qualifying flights that you've already earned, making it easier for you to maintain your current level. You might even earn enough Qualifying flights to reach the next membership level, where you will enjoy more benefits. And as a Flying Blue Platinum member, the Platinum for Life status appears on your horizon even faster.
Platinum for 2
Have you reached the Flying Blue Platinum membership status? Then choose the Flying Blue – American Express Platinum Card. Your partner will receive an additional card and be able to benefit from all the privileges. What's more, he or she will also automatically receive the Flying Blue Platinum membership status. (Please note that gaining Platinum membership in this way does not count towards reaching the Platinum for Life status.)
Platinum Lifestyle Service
A table in your favourite restaurant in Milan? Tickets for a Broadway show? Or a good bottle of wine for a business associate? Platinum Lifestyle Service will make the arrangements. Save the number in your phone and have more time for doing business from now on.
Share & Fly
Share & Fly lets you share your Award Miles with any supplementary card holders on your American Express account. Earning together is a quicker, more efficient way to your next award ticket. Your additional card holders can transfer (part of) their Award Miles to you at no charge – and vice versa.
Fly now Pay later
You can now opt to pay for KLM and AIR FRANCE tickets purchased with your Gold Card in three instalments – at no extra expense!* All you have to do is to pay for your tickets with your Flying Blue – American Express card and then access your American Express account online to activate this free option (www.americanexpress.com, ‘My Account’).
* No minimum purchase. Payment will be made in 3 equal, successive monthly instalments. If you do not want to pay in instalments, your purchase of KLM and AIR FRANCE tickets will be debited in full on the American Express account for the current month.
Very comprehensive continuous travel and cancellation insurance*
In addition to compensation for a flight delay or loss of baggage, the Platinum Card provides you with both very comprehensive continuous travel and cancellation insurance and legal expenses insurance by paying with your card. Also includes car rental insurance!
Make safe secure purchases*
In case your purchases were damaged or stolen, up to €2.500 can be refunded to you until 90 days after the purchase date. American Express also offers a unique ‘Money Back Guarantee’ which will ensure that you can reclaim up to €600 on any purchased items. What's more, you run no risks in the event of fraud or card abuse, and a lost card will be available within 24 hours.
* Please refer to the general Terms and Conditions for insurance policies at www.americanexpress.nl