Taking care of people and planet
KLM feels it is important to take responsibility, being one of the bigger players in the aviation industry.
To contribute to a better world we are actively involved in many initiatives. As a result of our continuous efforts, together with Air France, we have proudly topped the Dow Jones Sustainability Index in our sector for several years now.
Find out all about KLM Takes Care (in English only)
KLM Takes Care logo
When travelling with us, you can recognise our involvement by the KLM Takes Care logo. You will soon find it for example on our tea and coffee cups on board, which are 100% biodegradable!
We believe that taking action now and investing in the future are equally important. That is why we are involved in many different projects. For example, we:
- Are making major progress in the development and use of sustainable biofuels. That’s why we have joined forces with the World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF), and others.
- Are working on sustainable solutions for reducing CO2 emissions.
- Serve sustainably produced foods on board where possible, such as products carrying the UTZ mark for sustainable coffee or the MSC organisation quality mark for sustainable fish.
- Support social projects such as Close the Gap and Wings of Support, and is KLM Health Services working with the VU University Medical Centre in a Doctor2Doctor-programme, to contribute to medical care in Kenya.
- Continue talking to residents of the Schiphol area, for example about limiting noise pollution.
Fly CO2 neutral!
When travelling, you can reduce your footprint in the sky. Simply compensate the CO2 emissions of your flights online, when booking or via My Trip. Your contribution to our CO2ZERO programme is directly and fully invested in various sustainable energy projects.
Calculate the CO2 compensation for your flight