With our CO2ZERO programme we offer you the easiest, most effective and least costly way to fly CO2 neutral. Read all about the calculation, the investments and the verification of this programme.
- 1These terms & conditions apply to the carbon-dioxide (= CO2) compensation service of KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, hereafter CO2ZERO
- 1.1The terms & conditions of CO2ZERO are in addition to the general conditions of carriage for passengers and baggage
- 1.2CO2ZERO is only possible in combination with a KLM travel document or tickets in which at least one KLM flight is included
- 1.3All KLM flights, regardless point of origin, point of sale or embarkation point can be made CO2ZERO
- 2CO2ZERO is a voluntary CO2 compensation service which enables the passenger to compensate his flight-related carbon emissions thus making his personal flight carbon neutral
- 2.1CO2ZERO is strictly personal; passengers travelling together can choose on an individual basis to compensate
- 1Operated flights i.e. flown by KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, AIR FRANCE, Delta Airlines, Kenya Airways
- 2All code share flights with KLM flight number and operated by JJ, GF, TE, EI, UX, XM, AZ, MN, CZ, MH, KQ, QX, AS, CO, AM, DL, EV, OH, F8, PS, SU, OK, IG, MA, CY
- 1Emission values of KLM, AIR FRANCE and Delta Airlines are based upon actual emission values in relation to actual fuel burn
- 2Emission values of operating partners are based upon generic values submitted by aircraft manufacturers (i.e. Boeing, Airbus)
- 1CO2 emission is calculated for all the flights in your booking. Per flight the calculation is based upon the type of aircraft used, the distance flown and the historical load factor of that specific flight. The calculation method and figures are frequently audited by KPMG
- 1CO2ZERO uses Gold Standard certified emission reductions to help finance the development of clean energy projects in developing countries.
- 2Gold Standard is a Switzerland-based organisation supported by 53 NGO’s worldwide and sets the highest standard in certified emission reductions. This highest-achievable sign of excellence in CO2 compensation is awarded to projects that are most effective in reducing CO2 emissions and developing clean, renewable energy sources. Detailed information on Gold Standard can be found at www.cdmgoldstandard.org
Consumer price for compensation
- 1The passenger’s price to compensate through CO2ZERO is equal to the purchasing price of the Gold Standard emission rights. All collected compensation money will be used to compensate through certified emission reductions. All overhead costs and investments related to the compensation scheme will be absorbed by KLM Royal Dutch Airlines
- 1.1Twice a year the price for compensation can be adjusted based upon the purchasing price of new certified emission reductions
- 1If, due to a reason over which you have no control, you cannot make use of your flight, you may be entitled to a refund of the amount you paid.
- 2In the following cases, you are entitled to a full refund for your CO2ZERO compensation money :
- 2.1KLM cancelled your flight
- 2.2You missed your connecting intercontinental KLM flight following a flight operated by KLM, Delta, AIR FRANCE or Kenya Airways
- 2.3If any of these reasons apply to your situation please continue completing the refund form
- 3You can only request a refund through KLM.com.
- 1Verification of accountants of KPMG, one of the world’s leading networks of professional firms providing Audit, Tax, and Advisory services, assures that both emission norms and calculation methodology are compliant with international standard rules and conditions for carbon emissions.