How to purchase an upgrade
Do you want to enjoy extra comfort, access to our lounges, a seat for utter relaxation, a special dining experience and more on your flight? If there are still seats available in our Business Class before departure, you can purchase an upgrade:
- In My Trip (for tickets purchased at a Full Flex Fare only)
- Through your travel agent
- At the ticket office at Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
- During check-in: online, at the self-service machines or the check-in desk at the airport (per one-way journey or each flight in that journey)
- In our KLM Crown Lounges at Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
- On board the flight
After buying an upgrade, you will enjoy the same benefits as any Business Class passenger. However, the number of Miles earned and your baggage allowance will remain the same as stated in the confirmation e-mail of your original booking.
Upgrade with discount
When checking in at KLM.com or the self-service machines at the airport, we might give you a special offer, namely, the possibility to purchase an upgrade at a highly discounted price!
At the ticket office, you can use any means of payment, including Flying Blue Miles. In the lounges, you can pay only with Miles. Once on board, you can purchase an upgrade with your credit card or by paying cash. You can pay by credit card during check-in, online and at the self-service check-in machines and by credit card or cash at the check-in counter.