Terms and Conditions for AIR FRANCE / KLM accounts
Terms and Conditions for AIR FRANCE / KLM accounts
The Terms and Conditions also describe how AIR FRANCE and KLM will use your profile data for both existing and new services.
1. Registration of your account
AIR FRANCE and KLM allow you to create an account that can be used on both AIRFRANCE.com and on KLM.com. To register, you are required to enter certain personal details.
It is important that you adhere to the following rules when you register for an account on AIRFRANCE.com or on KLM.com. You may not:
- create an account using false personal information
- create an account for anyone other than yourself
- create more than 1 personal profile
- create an account if you are under the age of 12
- share your password, let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardise the security of your account
Furthermore, it is important that you:
- keep your personal information accurate and up-to-date. This matters because your personal information will be used when you are booking tickets online on AIRFRANCE.com or on KLM.com
2. How AIR FRANCE and KLM use your profile information
AIR FRANCE and KLM will only use the profile information for pre-completion purposes on a number of applications on our websites, and to send you offers and commercial e-mails in the event that you have subscribed to newsletters.
3. Use of your account
AIR FRANCE and KLM aim to offer frequent visitors a more user-friendly booking and check-in experience, allowing for a smoother navigation through our websites with the use of an AIR FRANCE / KLM account.
You can use the information stored in your profile when you:
- make an online booking
- manage your booking
- check in online (as of March 2012)
You can only make use of pre-entered profile data when you are logged in to AIRFRANCE.com or KLM.com. At all times we will notify you when one of our applications retrieves your profile details. You can always delete or overwrite your personal information.
In the near future we will be updating a number of other applications. This will enable your profile information, when relevant, to be used in related applications. You will be able to make direct updates to your profile from all these applications.
4. Booking information
One of the main benefits of making use of the AIR FRANCE / KLM account is the possibility to directly access your bookings at AIRFRANCE.com or KLM.com. It is possible to access your bookings made on both of these websites, regardless of the website used to log in to your account.
At the moment, bookings with AIR FRANCE or KLM that are not made on AIRFRANCE.com or KLM.com will not be automatically visible in your booking overview. You will, however, be able to link them to your account. In the near future, these bookings will automatically be shown in your booking overview. We will also extend the booking overview to include a list of past bookings and other related product bookings.
5. Passport information
Passport information may be stored in your account profile. When you book online, check in online or manage your booking online, you will be able to pre-enter all the required passport information for your destination. In the near future it will also be possible to use the passport information from your profile at AIR FRANCE and KLM self-service check-in machines.
By law, all airlines are obliged to provide passport details of their passengers, known as Advance Passenger Information (API), to the authorities of certain countries prior to departure. AIR FRANCE and KLM offer the option of storing your API in your account, facilitating a faster booking process through pre-completion of API and passport information.
Please note that it is your responsibility to keep the passport information in your profile up-to-date. This is important as incorrect passport information might cause you problems when passing through customs at your destination airport.
6. Payment information
You have the option of storing your preferred payment method and associated details in your profile, such as payment by credit card. You will be able to use this pre-entered information when you purchase tickets or other related products on the website.
We take the safe storage of your payment information seriously. All payment details are stored in secure and fully discrete environments. If you suspect that your payment details have been misused, you should always contact our customer support desk. In any event you will always be able to take simple steps to delete any payment details from your profile. Deletions of payment details are permanent and cannot be undone. If you want to make an online payment again, you will be asked to re-enter your payment details.
If we notice account login fraud we will immediately block the account and contact you via the stated e-mail address.
Currently we only allow the storage of 1 payment method. In the near future, we will start facilitating the storage of multiple payment methods.
7. Travel preferences
It is possible to indicate your travel preferences in your AIR FRANCE / KLM account. These include:
- your usual departure airport
- your preferred destination
- your seating preferences
- your meal preferences
The main purpose of these travel preferences is to facilitate an easier booking process. When you subscribe to our commercial newsletters your travel preferences may be used to optimise relevant offers for you.
8. Email subscriptions
In your profile you can manage your AIR FRANCE and KLM e-mail subscriptions. Upon enrolment you will be able to subscribe to all newsletters.
If you object to receiving unwanted e-mails, you can always unsubscribe on the My profile page. You can also unsubscribe by clicking on the link at the bottom of any e-mail newsletter you receive from AIR FRANCE or KLM.
When you subscribe to a newsletter you will receive the newsletter from the country website that you used to create the account. It is not currently possible to receive a newsletter from a country other than the one for which you registered.
In the future more e-mail subscriptions will be added and it will be possible to select newsletters and commercial offers from other countries.
9. Travelling companions
On the My profile page you can store details and preferences of travelling companions with whom you often travel. In this way you can easily add your family members, colleagues or friends to a booking that you are making online. Please note that all passengers’ personal details must be exactly as stated in their passports. When you, as an account holder, make a booking for other passengers, you must be sure to state the correct personal details of your fellow travellers.
It is also possible to save your travelling companions’ e-mail addresses. These e-mail addresses will not be used for any purpose other than pre-completion of forms when you are making a booking. The e-mail addresses will not be used to send commercial offers and/or other e-mails.
10. Deleting your account
You can delete your account by clicking on the link at the bottom of the My profile page. Once your account has been deleted all your personal details will be removed from our databases. Deletion of your account is permanent and cannot be undone. However, you can always register again.
Current and past bookings as well as financial transactions you might have completed online with AIR FRANCE or KLM will not be removed from our system.
12. General provisions
- AIR FRANCE and KLM reserve the right to cancel or change the functionalities and/or procedures of an AIR FRANCE / KLM account and/or amend these Terms and Conditions.
- No damage claims against AIR FRANCE and KLM by account holders may be lodged as a result of legally required country-specific alterations. Notification of alterations and amendments to these Terms and Conditions will be issued through the AIR FRANCE / KLM account. These Terms and Conditions and any alterations shall be considered approved by you if you continue to use an AIR FRANCE / a KLM account. If you do not accept the alterations, you may cancel your account in accordance with article 10.
- AIR FRANCE and KLM do not accept any liability whatsoever with respect to any damage, delay or loss arising out of or in connection with the use of an AIR FRANCE / a KLM account or any data (incorrectly) stored by you, save to the extent in which such damage or loss arises out of negligence by AIR FRANCE and KLM, or was caused by AIR FRANCE and KLM with intent, or recklessly and with the knowledge that damage would probably result. Any claim must be lodged directly with AIR FRANCE and KLM.