Refund of extra option costs
It may take up to 4 weeks to handle your refund request. The refund will be made in the same currency and with the same payment method as used to purchase your extra option.
If you purchased your ticket from a travel agent, you must contact your travel agent. For tickets bought from an airline other than KLM, please contact that airline.
If you booked a seat in the Economy Comfort zone, a seat with extra legroom or a preferred seat, we will refund the cost in the following cases:
- Your KLM flight was cancelled.
- The type of aircraft or seat layout for your KLM flight changed.
- You missed your KLM intercontinental flight following an earlier flight operated by KLM or another SkyTeam partner.
- You did not use the seat because you changed your KLM flight and bought the same type of extra comfortable seat on board the new flight
- You did not use the seat because you changed your flight but the same type of extra comfortable seat was not available on the new flight
Request a refund for an extra comfortable seat
Read the Terms and Conditions for Economy Comfort seats
Read the Terms and Conditions for seats with extra legroom
Read the Terms and Conditions for preferred seats
Do you have a complaint about a defective seat? Please contact KLM Customer Care.
Second seat for passengers of size
If you reserved a second adjacent seat for a passenger of size, you can request a refund of the costs for the second seat in the following cases:
- On departure, another seat was available in the same travel class on your flight.
- The type of aircraft or seat layout for your flight changed.
- Your seat or the adjacent seat for which you paid was defective.
Pre-purchased extra baggage
Did you lose bags that were in your standard baggage allowance? Read more about reporting, tracing, and requesting compensation for lost baggage.
If you purchased extra baggage on top of your standard allowance, you are entitled to a refund of these extra baggage costs in the following cases:
- You were rebooked onto a flight not operated by KLM.
- Your pre-purchased baggage was lost (not just delayed).
Upgrade to Business Class
If you purchased an upgrade to Business Class, you are entitled to a refund in the following cases:
- Your flight was cancelled.
- The type of aircraft or seat layout of your flight changed.
- You missed your KLM intercontinental flight after an earlier flight operated by KLM or another SkyTeam partner.
- You were assigned a seat in Economy Class.
If you purchased your upgrade at the airport or on board, request compensation using this form.
À la carte meal
We will refund the cost of an à la carte meal in the following cases:
- Your KLM flight was cancelled or you were rebooked to another flight.
- The à la carte meal you ordered was not available on your KLM flight.
- You bought an upgrade to Business Class.
If you bought Flexibility to change your flights, you can request a refund of those costs:
- Within 24 hours after your purchase
- If your flight was cancelled by KLM
We will refund the cost of your CO2 compensation if your flight was cancelled and you did not take an alternative flight.