What we can do together
CO2ZERO is a service where you compensate for your personal CO2 emissions by investing in CO2 reduction projects with the Gold Standard label initiated also by the World Wide Fund for Nature.
It is quite simply the easiest, most effective and least costly way to fly CO2 neutral.
KLM keeps the cost low by:
- avoiding costly and unnecessary intermediate agents.
- focusing on guaranteed realisation of renewable energy projects; not the ownership but the effect of a project is what matters.
- selecting projects in the early development stages when the prices are still low.
- calculating the actual CO2 emissions per destination. Thanks to fuel efficiency and the actual calculation method, CO2 emissions are mostly low compared to those within the airline industry.
- by only calculating the actual handling charges.
Verification of the emission data and the methodology for calculating carbon emissions is done by KPMG Sustainability.
Download the declaration provided by KPMG
Download the description of the calculation method
Read more about KLM’s sustainability initiatives on klmtakescare.com.