Terms and conditions for vouchers (EMD)
EMD Terms and Conditions
1.The following terms shall have the meaning as defined hereunder, unless the context otherwise requires: KLM means KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, having its registered office at Amstelveen, The Netherlands. Delta means Delta Air Lines, having its registered seat at Atlanta, Georgia, USA. Air France means Air France, having its registered seat at Paris, France. An EMD voucher means this Electronic Miscellaneous Document. KLM flight means any flight having a flight number with a KL-prefix. Delta flight means any flight having a flight number with a DL-prefix. Air France flight means any flight having a flight number with an AF-prefix.
2. No agent, employee or representative of KLM has the authority to alter, modify or waive any of these terms and conditions.
3. The non-refundable voucher is to be used for payment of a KLM, Delta Air Lines or AIR FRANCE fare when a KLM, Delta Air Lines or AIR FRANCE ticket is issued. The amount that can be used is mentioned on the voucher. The maximum value of a voucher is EUR 800.--. If the currency of the voucher is other than the currency in which the price of a ticket is published, the rate of exchange will be the bankers selling rate of KLM’s local bank. If, upon payment of a ticket, a balance amount on the voucher remains, a residual voucher shall be issued for that amount but the terms and conditions pertaining to the voucher shall remain applicable. In case of a residual value, the voucher will be issued on the name of the original owner and will keep the original expiry date.
4. The refundable voucher is valid for a direct refund of the amount stated on the voucher to your bank account.
5. To all carriage provided by KLM, Delta and Air France, the general conditions of carriage, the tariffs, the tariff regulations and/or the special conditions of carriage, whichever are applicable, of KLM, Delta and Air France, respectively, shall apply. Where carriage is provided by another airline, that airline’s general conditions of carriage may apply.
6. Should this voucher be used for carriage on Delta, Air France and/or any other airline’s flight, KLM will only be deemed to have acted as an agent of that airline in issuing this voucher.
7. A voucher is not endorsable. The voucher cannot be bartered or sold and doing so will render it invalid.
8. Solely the passenger will be responsible for his voucher and KLM is not liable to the passenger in the event a voucher has been used by any other person than the passenger. Neither KLM nor KLM’s agent is obligated to request a person presenting this voucher to identify himself.
9.The voucher needs to be redeemed within the validity period of 12 months from the date of issue, but outbound and return travel can be up to 350 days after the date the voucher is used.
10. A customer offered a voucher is at all times at liberty to accept or refuse the voucher. The acceptance of a voucher by the passenger shall be deemed a consent to and acceptance by the passenger of these terms and conditions.
11.Terms and conditions are subject to change.