Changing or cancelling flights
On this page:
You can change your travel dates, times and/or destination with any kind of changeable ticket type – or if you bought Flexibility. The change conditions for your ticket type can be found in My Trip and in your booking confirmation e-mail. Just make sure that your ticket number starts with ‘074’ (KLM), ‘057’ (AIR FRANCE) or with ‘006’ (Delta Air Lines).
Tickets for babies, tickets for children travelling alone, and tickets for which you have requested a special service (such as (medical) assistance, to bring a pet or to bring sports equipment) can only be changed by contacting us.
To change an Award ticket, please contact the Flying Blue Service Centre.
Change flights online
1. Log into My Trip. If you have already checked in for your flight, you need to cancel check-in to be able to change your flight. In My Trip, go to your flight details and click the button ‘Change flights’.
2. Search and select alternative flight dates, times and even destinations. Any change fee and fare difference costs will be clearly specified.
3. If you bought extra options for KLM flights, you can now reserve the same ones again for the new flight and any difference will be settled. If the same extra options are not available anymore for the new flight and/or if you buy different ones, you can request a refund of the extra options on KLM flights. In some cases you will receive a voucher for the remaining value.
4. Confirm your flight change. Any additional flight and extra option costs can be paid for with your preferred payment method; any surplus will be settled and/or reimbursed in vouchers.
That’s all! We will immediately send you a confirmation e-mail with your new travel details. And of course you can view these in My Trip whenever you want, including on your mobile and in the KLM app. Your new ticket and any vouchers will be sent in separate e-mails.
Change flights via telephone or social media
We can also arrange your flight change for you. We are available 24/7 via social media, or just give us a call.
If we arrange your flight change for you, we do charge an administration fee. This fee does not apply if you have a fully flexible ticket type or if you bought Flexibility to change your flight.
Contact us to change your flight
Buy Flexibility to change flights once
Add Flexibility when booking intra-European flights on KLM.com, and enjoy the freedom to change your plans up to 3 times – no change fee!
Flexibility gives you the freedom to:
- Change any or all flights in your booking up to 3 times
- Change travel dates, times and/or your destination (within Europe)
- Change up to 48 hours before departure of the flight you wish to change
Buying Flexibility is possible during booking on KLM.com only, and for European flights that will depart in 10 or more days.
Read the Terms and Conditions of Flexibility
Other ways to change or cancel your ticketIn your booking confirmation e-mail you will find the conditions for cancelling your ticket.
To cancel flights booked directly with KLM, simply request a refund online. Please note that all flights in your booking will be cancelled.
To cancel tickets booked via a travel agent, please contact your travel agent.
Read more about requesting a refund
If your name in your booking has been misspelt, there are 2 ways to correct it. You can either contact us via social media and we can do it for you, or you can correct it yourself on KLM.com. Simply log in to My Trip and go to ‘Passenger details’, you can see how your name is spelt – and request a name correction. Both methods are free of charge. Your booking must have been made directly with KLM and your flight numbers need to start with ‘KL’.
No need to correct your name:
- If you have several first names. It’s ok if you entered only the first when you booked.
- If your ticket shows your names in a different order, without spaces and/or with ‘MR’, ‘MRS’ or ‘MS’ between your names – this is how names are shown in our systems.
- If only your maiden name shows.
If you booked an Award ticket, please contact the Flying Blue Service Centre.
If part of your journey will be with a partner airline of KLM, please contact that airline as soon as possible. If you booked via a travel agent, please contact them. You may need to pay a fee to change your name.