Changing or cancelling flights
On this page:
You can change your travel dates and/or times if the fare conditions of your ticket type allow this, and your ticket was issued by KLM or AIR FRANCE. If you booked via a travel agent, please contact them to change your flights.
Change online (bought Flexibility? Please see paragraph below)
In My Trip you can view a list of alternative flights and any extra costs per flight for higher fare types. With a fully flexible ticket you can change free of charge, and as many times as you want!
Select your new flight(s) and confirm. If you change to flights with a higher fare type you can pay the price difference by credit card.
Change via telephone
When changing your ticket via telephone, you will need to pay an administration fee. This fee does not apply if you have a fully flexible ticket type; if you bought flexibility to change your flight during booking, or if you change online via My Trip.
- If you do not take all flights or legs of this journey, or in the specified order, extra costs may be charged.
- Tickets for babies, tickets for children travelling alone, and tickets for which you have requested a special service (such as assistance at the airport or on board) can only be changed by calling the KLM Service Centre.
- If you bought extra options, such as an extra comfortable seat or extra baggage, and you change your flight online, you should buy the extra option(s) for the new flight too. You may then request a refund for the costs of the extra options on the original flight.
Buy flexibility to change flights once
Add Flexibility when booking European flights on KLM.com, and enjoy the freedom to change your plans up to 3 times – no change fee!
At just EUR 14 per person, Flexibility gives you the freedom to:
- Change any or all flights in your booking up to 3 times
- Change travel dates, times and/or your destination (within Europe)
- Change up to 48 hours before departure of the flight you wish to change
- No change fee, no administration fee
- No fare difference costs when changing to the same fare type. When changing to a higher fare type, you will need to pay the fare difference. When changing to a lower fare type, the fare difference will not be reimbursed.
- Tax recalculation may add a bit to the new ticket price.
Buying Flexibility is possible during booking on KLM.com only, and for European flights that will depart in 10 or more days.Read the Terms and Conditions of Flexibility>
Other ways to change or cancel your ticketIn your booking confirmation e-mail you will find the conditions for cancelling your ticket.
To cancel flights booked directly with KLM, simply request a refund online. Please note that all flights in your booking will be cancelled.
To cancel tickets booked via a travel agent, please contact your travel agent.
If your name in your booking has been misspelled, please contact the KLM Service Centre as soon as possible. If it is still possible to correct your name, you may need to pay a fee.
No need to correct your name:
- If you have several first names. It’s ok if you entered only the first when you booked.
- If your ticket shows your names in a different order, without spaces and/or with ‘MR’, ‘MRS’ or ‘MS’ between your names – this is how names are shown in our systems.
- If only your maiden name shows.
If you booked an Award ticket, please contact the Flying Blue Service Centre.
If part of your journey will be with a partner airline of KLM, please contact that airline as soon as possible. If you booked via a travel agent, please contact them.