Buenos Aires (BUE) to Colombo (CMB)
Together with our global network, we as KLM Royal Dutch Airlines offer flights to Colombo, serving Bandaranayike International Airport (CMB). Along with Colombo, we proudly serve over 150 destinations worldwide, and over 500 destinations with our partner network, so sit back and let us take you where you need to go!
Top Colombo attractions
- Kelaniya Raja Maha Vihara: a breath-taking Buddhist temple in Kelaniya. Famous for its image of the reclining Gautama Buddha and paintings by the native artist Solias Mendis which depict important events in the life of the Buddha.
- Colombo Fort: a beautiful historic fort primarily built by the Portuguese and developed by the Dutch after invading the Portuguese regime.
- Mount Lavinia: a suburb in Colombo famous for its "Golden Mile" of beautiful sandy beaches, and nightlife.
- National Museum: a famed museum founded in the 1800s, displaying all sorts of art, carvings and statuary from Sri Lanka’s ancient past, as well as swords, guns and other paraphernalia from the colonial period.
- Pettah Floating Market: a farmer’s market based on boats in downtown Colombo, consisting of 92 trade stalls offering local produce and local handicraft.
To help you get the most bang for your buck on your holiday to Sri Lanka, we’ve put together a travel guide with all the information you could possibly need. Find out about Colombo’s best attractions, hotels and restaurants before you’ve even boarded your flight!
What’s the best way to get around Colombo?
There are both privately-run and public buses that operate throughout Colombo, but finding out which route you need can be tricky at first. Tuk-tuks or trishaws are often more convenient and quicker to move around the city in, and they can navigate the traffic and winding roads much more easily than larger vehicles. Tuk-tuks are mostly fitted with meters, so make sure these are switched on before you set off! There are also plenty of taxis that can be used.
What’s the weather in Colombo?
The weather in Sri Lanka is warm all year round, so whether you arrive in January or August, expect temperatures between 27°C (80°F) and 29°C (84°F). Rainfall can be sporadic, with May and October being the months with the highest chance of rain, averaging about 18 days of rain each. To give yourself the best chance of avoiding the rain completely, choose to travel in February when it rains on average just 4 days a month.