Innsbruck (INN) to Antananarivo (TNR)
Vienna (VIE) to Antananarivo (TNR)
Thanks to our global network, we as KLM Royal Dutch Airlines always offer convenient flights to Antananarivo, serving Antananarivo Ivato International Airport (TNR) in Ivato, just 16 km from Antananarivo, Madagascar. Top rated for our punctuality, we care about your time and getting you where you need to be as scheduled. With us, there’s no need to frantically adjust your itinerary.
Top Antananarivo attractions
- Gare Soarano: old train station that’s been transformed into a shopping centre.
- Analakely Market: packed and teeming with market stands of all sorts.
- Parc de Tsarasaotra: these wetlands are an essential refuge for 14 threatened bird species.
- Musée d’Art and d’Archéologie: museum highlight the island’s archaeological digs.
- Rova: historic palace crowning the highest hill in the city.
While it may not have all the infrastructure needed for an increasing number of tourists, the bustling Madagascar capital thrives with world-class restaurants, colonial and religious buildings, markets and wilderness!
What’s the best way to get around Antananarivo?
Taxis are one of the best, most affordable options, and you can find them almost everywhere. Make sure to negotiate the fares before getting in, as they may change drastically from one driver to the other. While the 'taxi-be' minivans are more budget-friendly, the routes are not easy to understand for foreigners. They could also be somewhat unsafe, so keep an eye on your belongings if you end up using them.
What’s the weather in Antananarivo?
The city features pleasant temperatures varying from 10°C (50°F) to 27°C (81°F). The sky is clear for most of the year, so you can usually enjoy activities without worries. The best time to visit is from May to October, when it's dry and cool. The wet period begins in November and ends in April, but March is usually the wettest month.