Innsbruck (INN) to Kisumu (KIS)
Vienna (VIE) to Kisumu (KIS)
Together with our global network, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines offers flights to Kisumu, serving Kisumu Airport (KIS). Have any questions about your upcoming flight to Kisumu? Contact us via Facebook, Messenger, Twitter or WhatsApp and you can expect an answer as soon as possible.
Top Kisumu attractions
- Kisumu Museum: a museum focusing on the natural and cultural history of Western Kenya, featuring a collection of local flora and fauna, as well as a traditional Luo homestead.
- Impala Sanctuary: an animal sanctuary located on the shores of Lake Victoria, home to many of Kenya’s endangered species.
- Ndere Island National Park: a beautiful island offering visitors hiking trails, stunning nature, and local wildlife.
- Kisumu Main Market: one of the largest and most animated markets in Kenya, spilling out onto the surrounding roads.
- Clock Tower: a famous clock tower in the centre of the city.
Previously called Port Florence, it’s one of the most important cities in Kenya and the Lake Victoria area. Kisumu is a small town characterised by a relaxed pace and friendly atmosphere. However, it gradually becoming a more animated place thanks to the country’s membership in the East African Community.
What’s the best way to get around Kisumu?
The most popular methods to move around are the bodaboda (bicycle taxi), and the pikipiki (moto-taxi), which you'll find everywhere. The city also has manatus (minibuses), regular buses, and taxis, you’ll need to haggle with the taxi driver for the fare though.
What’s the weather in Kisumu?
April and May experience a lot of rainfall, and the temperature yearly ranges from 23°C (73°F) to 31°C (88°F). Overall, it has a pleasant weather, except on the hottest days when the temperature can rise to 37°C (99°F).