Melbourne (MEL) to Newcastle upon Tyne (NCL)
Adelaide (ADL) to Newcastle upon Tyne (NCL)
Sydney (SYD) to Newcastle upon Tyne (NCL)
Perth (PER) to Newcastle upon Tyne (NCL)
Together with our global network, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines offers flights to Newcastle, serving Newcastle International Airport (NCL). For any concerns, requests or questions, feel free to contact us via social media on Facebook Messenger, Twitter or WhatsApp. We’re available 24/7 to provide solutions as soon as possible.
Top Newcastle attractions
- Centre for Life: state-of-the-art science facility with an awe-inspiring planetarium.
- Newcastle Castle: medieval fortification with excellent views of the city and river.
- Laing Art Gallery: quirky collection of 18th- to 20th-century British paintings.
- Angel of the North: a huge, winged statue and an unmissable feature of the northern landscape.
- Metrocentre: Europe’s largest shopping mall and a must-visit for shopaholics.
Discover more about your Newcastle journey with a read through our comprehensive travel guide, which covers everything that makes this city such a top destination.
What’s the best way to get around Newcastle?
The Tyne and Wear Metro system offers visitors a great way of getting to the city’s best spots, including the up-and-coming Jesmond district. Buses are plentiful as well. You can purchase tickets to use on both the metro and bus, which simplifies getting around the city.
What’s the weather in Newcastle?
August in Newcastle sees the warmest weather with an average temperature of 14°C (57°F), whilst January’s average temperature of 3°C (38°F) makes it the coldest. Whatever time of year you visit, make sure you prepare for rain as heavy showers can arrive without warning.
*All amounts are in AUD. Taxes and carrier surcharges are included. No booking fee applicable (credit card surcharge may apply).