Together with our global network, we as KLM Royal Dutch Airlines offer flights to Dakar, serving Léopold Sédar Senghor International Airport (DKR). We recognise that your time is valuable, which is why we are committed to getting you where you need to go on time. We have been recognised for our punctuality in the past, and we intend to keep it this way, so book your next flight to Dakar with us today!
Top Dakar attractions
- Lake Retba: an unusual lake with vivid pink water, tourists typically enjoy the boat tours, salt flats and various other nearby outdoor activities.
- House of Slaves Museum: a museum and memorial built on the site where a slave-market existed, on Gorée Island, as part of the Atlantic Slave Trade.
- Accrobaobab Adventure Park: an exciting zip-line adventure park built solely on baobabs, featuring a variety of different courses for visitors of all ages and abilities.
- Ngor Island: a famous island located off the coast of Dakar, famous for surfing, sandy beaches, local art galleries and other beach activities.
- Oceanium Dakar: a large eco-tourism company providing visitors with scuba diving trips to hundreds of sites in the Dakar region, along with guided trips to various ecological protected areas.
What’s the best way to get around Dakar?
There are two types of buses that serve Dakar: larger buses that carry up to 40 people and smaller minibuses intended for up to 15 people. These are often busy, but they are affordable and reliable. There’s no real bus route map, and you’ll need to check the times at your closest bus stop to find out when the bus will be running, so make sure you double check with the driver where the bus is heading. You can also take a taxi, but make sure you agree on the price before you set off.
What’s the weather in Dakar?
Even in the coldest month of February Dakar still has glorious weather, averaging about 21°C (70°F). To really embrace the sunshine on offer in Dakar, plan your trip for between May and October when temperatures regularly reach over 30°C (86°F). Be warned, however, that if you visit in August or September you may experience some heavy showers!
*All amounts are in AWG. Taxes and carrier surcharges are included. No booking fee applicable (credit card surcharge may apply).