Top flight deals to Harare (HRE)*
Together with our global network, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines offers flights to Harare serving International Airport (HRE). We proudly serve over 150 destinations worldwide, streamlining your travel experience to be a smooth as possible regardless of your final destination. So, sit back, and relax while we take you where you need to go!
Top Harare attractions
- Chapungu Sculpture Park: a famous park showcasing the work of Zimbabwean sculptors.
- Lion and Cheetah Park: an animal sanctuary located 30 minutes outside Harare.
- Lake Chivero Recreational Park: this park is the best place to spot rhinos in the wild.
- National Handicraft Centre: if you’re looking for some genuine Zimbabwean handicrafts, this is the place to go.
- Avondale Flea Market: you can practice your haggling skills at this large market.
- National Heroes Acre: burial ground and national monument dedicated to Zimbabweans who sacrificed their lives for national freedom.
- Wild is Life Trust: a sanctuary for injured and orphaned animals.
- National Gallery of Zimbabwe: a gallery dedicated to Zimbabwe's contemporary art and visual heritage.
- National Archives of Zimbabwe: exhibitions will educate visitors about the historical background leading up to the founding of Zimbabwe.
- National Botanic Gardens: 4 km north of the centre of the city, here you can see examples of the diverse plant life that thrives in Zimbabwe’s climate.
What’s the best way to get around Harare?
If you want complete freedom, hire a car from one of the many companies based in Harare. There are also plenty of taxi and minibus firms in the area, and various parts of Harare can be explored on foot (however, this isn’t advised after dark).
What’s the weather in Harare?
Harare is said to have one of the most ideal climates in the world, and is referred to as the “Sunshine City”. What more could you ask for? Being situated above sea level, temperatures are very pleasant without the stifling heat you may expect from an African holiday elsewhere. The rainy season lasts from November to April, so make sure you bring an umbrella if you’re visiting Harare during these months. July is the coolest and driest month, while October is the warmest, so it’s important to plan your trip accordingly.
*All amounts are in AWG. Taxes and carrier surcharges are included. No booking fee applicable (credit card surcharge may apply).