Brussels (BRU) to Luanda (LAD)
Together with our global network, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines offers flights to Luanda, serving Quatro De Fevereiro International Airport (LAD). Once on board an intercontinental KLM-flight, stay entertained with over 1.000 hours of interactive entertainment available on your personal in-flight screen.
Top Luanda attractions
- Fortaleza de São Miguel: a Portuguese fortress built in 1576, housing the museum of the armed forces.
- Sangano Beach: a beautiful stretch of sandy beach where you can try freshly grilled lobster as you soak up the sun.
- Mausoleum of Agostinho Neto: the final resting place of the first President on Angola, marked by massive obelisk towers over the city.
- National Slavery Museum: a museum which depicts the history of slavery in Angola, before they were shipped to America.
- Igreja de Nossa Senhora dos Remedios: a famous church tucked away between the skyscrapers of Luanda’s financial district.
Don't be surprised that the main language is Portuguese: Angola was under Portuguese rule since its conquest on the year 1576. In fact, the city was previously called São Paulo da Assunção de Loanda. Find out more on Luanda by visiting our travel guide!
What’s the best way to get around Luanda?
Traffic in Luanda takes the concept of "traffic jam" to another level, so pack a bit of patience. There are blue and white candongueiro minibuses, but these get overcrowded. The best way to get around Luanda is to take a taxi, so remember to hire private taxi companies at the airport or at your hotel.
What’s the weather in Luanda?
Make sure you wear light and comfortable clothes, because temperatures are a toasty 19°C (67°F) to 31°C (87°F) year-round. However, if you are visiting in April or November, bring an umbrella as these are the wettest months.
*All amounts are in EUR. Taxes and carrier surcharges included. No booking fee applicable (credit card surcharge may apply).