Sofia (SOF) to Knoxville (TYS)
Together with our global network, as KLM Royal Dutch Airlines we offer flights to Knoxville, serving McGhee Tyson Airport (TYS). We have worked hard to establish a strong reputation for punctuality, and we intend to keep it this way. So book your next flight to Knoxville with us today and be sure to get the most out of your trip!
Top Knoxville attractions
- Tennessee Theatre: a 1920s-era movie palace home to the Knoxville Opera, offering a wide range of performing arts events and classic films to the public.
- Market Square: a historic pedestrian mall established in 1854, used as a multipurpose venue that accommodates events ranging from concerts to political rallies, and is a popular gathering place for artists, street musicians, war veterans, and activists.
- Ijams Nature Center: a 300-acre urban nature park, featuring 10-miles of trails, rock formations, ponds, lakes and stunning overlooks.
- World’s Fair Park: a memorable green space commemorating the 1982 World’s Fair, boasting interactive fountains, lakes, sprawling lawns, and an amphitheatre for performances.
- Knoxville Museum of Art: a stunning museum dedicated to celebrating the art and artists of East Tennessee.
What’s the best way to get around Knoxville?
Knoxville is often used as a base to explore the nearby Great Smoky Mountains National Park and as such there are excellent parking facilities throughout the city. For public transport you can use the Knoxville Area Transit (KAT) bus service to travel throughout the city and parts of the surrounding Knox County.
What’s the weather like in Knoxville?
Knoxville weather varies quite dramatically between the winter and summer seasons. July reaches the sweltering average temperature of 29°C (85°F) and with many days exceeding 30°C (86°F), sunscreen is essential. January can drop below -1°C (30°F) on exceptionally cold days, so be prepared with a warm coat to avoid the worst of the winter chill!