Sofia (SOF) to Moscow (MOW)
Together with our global network, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines offers flights to Moscow, serving Sheremetyevo International Airport (SVO). When you fly to Moscow with us, we’ve got you covered with 24/7 service on Facebook, Twitter and WhatsApp. Simply contact us via social media and we'll get back to you with a response or solution as soon as we can!
Top Moscow attractions
- The Kremlin: a world heritage site, this fortified complex lies in the heart of Moscow’s Red Square.
- Saint Basil’s Cathedral: one of the world’s most iconic places of worship and an absolute architectural marvel.
- Bolshoi Theatre: home of Russia’s world-famous Bolshoi Ballet.
- Gorky Park: huge public park with restaurants, an open air cinema, and lavishly decorated gardens.
- Izmailovsky Market: a wide range of goods, from ancient relics to modern souvenirs.
What better way to prepare yourself for your trip to Moscow than with the KLM travel guide? Our team of travel experts covers everything that makes this city a must-see.
What’s the best way to get around Moscow?
Moscow’s stunning metro is a top attraction in its own right, but it is also the most effective way of reaching the city’s best spots. You can purchase a stored-value card called a “Troika” at the metro station and use it to access the metro, public buses and the tram.
What’s the weather in Moscow?
Moscow in July has an average temperature of 19°C (65°F), while January sees the coldest of the Russian weather with a bitterly cold average temperature of -8°C (18°F). If you do visit during the winter, make sure to bring plenty of warm clothes.