As KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, we offer the most convenient flights to Tehran, serving Imam Khomeini International Airport (IKA), Iran, together with our global network. We know the bustle of daily life often leaves little room for fun. This is why we are committed to proving we value your time. Being recognised as world’s most punctual airline several times, we do our best to stick to our favourable flight schedules so you can take advantage of every second of your trip or holiday.
Top Tehran attractions
- Grand Bazaar: a market comprised of bustling alleys full of shops in the heart of the city.
- Darband: this village in the mountains provides an escape from the metropolis.
- Tabiat Bridge: combining art and practicality, this pedestrian bridge is sculptural and multilevel.
- Tehran Bird Garden: a lush oasis awaits with birds of all kinds.
- White Palace: 54 rooms filled with artefacts dating back to the 40s through to the 70s.
To experience the true splendour of the Middle East in Iran’s capital, check out the suggestions in our travel guide. We highlight everything that makes Tehran special.
What’s the best way to get around Tehran?
The modern metro system is one of the best ways to explore the city, as it connects most locations and avoids heavy traffic. The metro tends to fill up during rush hours, so prepare your schedule accordingly. Another option is to hire a vehicle, which gives you much more flexibility to get around.
What’s the weather in Tehran?
Tehran weather can vary from very hot to chilly. The city is generally dry, with temperatures varying according to your location. The northern part tends to be a bit cooler than the south during both summer and winter. Summers go from May to September, with average high temperatures around 35°C (95°F) and barely any rainfall. The best time to visit is during spring or fall when the temperatures range from 10°C (50°F) to a maximum of 27°C (81°F). The rainy period runs from September to April, with March being the wettest month.