Kralendijk (BON) to Alicante (ALC)
Together with our global network, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines offers flights to Alicante, serving Alicante Airport (ALC). Along with our partner network, we serve over 500 destinations, so sit back and let us take you where you need to go!
Top Alicante attractions
- Guadalest Valley: a picturesque village set high up on a pinnacle and carved out of a mountain top in the midst of truly stunning scenery.
- Castle of Santa Barbara: a historical fortification in the centre of Alicante, Spain which stands on Mount Benacanti, dating back to 711.
- Explanada de España: a maritime promenade that runs parallel to the port, from the Puerta del Mar to Canalejas Park and is one of the most popular areas in Alicante.
- Carmen del Campillo Moriscos: a scenic tea house in Alicante situated in the midst of a beautiful garden, a truly once in a lifetime experience!
- Rambla de Mendez Nuñez: a historic neighbourhood on the periphery of the old quarter full of individual stores and restaurants, from ice cream parlours to kebab shops, main stream brands to tiny specialist shops.
For an insider’s look at all of the best local hotspots, accommodation ideas, and practical information, take a look at our in-depth travel guide. We’ll help you experience Alicante like a local!
What’s the best way to get around Alicante?
As Alicante is a small city, you’ll find walking around a perfect way to see all the attractions and sights. However, you do have the option of taking public transport; a frequent bus service runs day and night. Moreover, five tram lines link Alicante to surrounding areas; you’ll find it easy to extend your holiday to include the neighbouring towns of Benidorm, Altea, and Denia.
What’s the weather in Alicante?
You’ll find Alicante to be the perfect year-round destination due to its overall temperate warmer climate. During the winter months of November to March, the temperature averages a comfortable 16°C (60°F), while it averages 32°C (89°F) in the summer. To avoid the rain, don’t visit during October, when the city is at its wettest.