Geneva (GVA) to Astana (TSE)
Zurich (ZRH) to Astana (TSE)
Together with our global network, we as KLM Royal Dutch Airlines offer flights to Astana, serving Astana International Airport (TSE). We proudly serve over 150 destinations worldwide, streamlining your travel experience to be as smooth as possible regardless of your final destination. So, sit back, and relax while we take you where you need to go!
Top Astana attractions
- The Bayterek Tower: an architecturally-significant monument and observation tower in Astana, providing visitors with stunning 360 degree views of the city.
- Khazret Sultan Mosque: a gorgeous mosque, and the second-largest in Central Asia, constructed in classical Islamic style with traditional Kazakh ornaments.
- National Museum of Kazakhstan: an imposing 74.000 square metre national museum in Astana, displaying many collections regarding the history of art and ethnology of Kazakhstan and Central Asia.
- Khan Shatyr: a giant transparent tent in Astana hosting a comprehensive entertainment district, including an urban-scale internal park, shopping and entertainment venues with squares and cobbled streets, a boating river, shopping centre, mini-golf and an indoor beach resort.
- Palace of Peace and Reconciliation: a 77-m high pyramid building in Astana designed to express the spirit of Kazakhstan, where cultures, traditions and representatives of various nationalities coexist in peace and harmony.
Looking for an expert’s take on Astana? Our dedicated travel team have put all their efforts into making a comprehensive travel guide to help you get the most out of your visit to Astana.
What’s the best way to get around Astana?
The most convenient way to explore Astana is via one of the many cheap taxis scuttling around the winding streets. Official taxis exist, but a popular option is to opt for a street taxi, as they usually cost a lot less and can be used to visit some of the city’s more obscure sights. If you want to travel like a local there is always the public bus service, which is simple to navigate even if you can’t speak a word of the language!
What’s the weather like in Astana?
Make sure to pack plenty of sunscreen if you visit Astana in July when the average temperatures hit 22°C (78°F). An umbrella is an essential tool for summer visits to Astana, as you can never be quite sure when a sudden downpour will catch you out! Visiting during the drier months of May-June gives you the perfect atmosphere to explore Astana’s sublime landmarks.