San Jose, CR (SJO) to Guangzhou (CAN)
Together with our global network, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines offers flights to Guangzhou, serving Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport (CAN). The Chinese newspapers and delicious Chinese food on board will get you in the mood for your trip.
Top Guangzhou attractions
- Guangzhou Sculpture Park: a cultural theme park with a collection of magnificent sculptures.
- Sunflower Garden: an ecological park centred around sunflowers.
- Chimelong Paradise: an amusement park with safari tours and water slides, among other attractions.
- Huaisheng Mosque: one of the oldest mosques in the world, with interesting architectural features.
- Museum of the Western Han Dynasty Mausoleum of the Nanyue King: the final resting place of Nanyue King Zhao Mo, who ruled China from 137 BC to 122 BC.
What’s the best way to get around Guangzhou?
While the city might seem eternally busy – it does have a population of over 12 million people – it’s fairly easy to travel around Guangzhou. There is a very elaborate but easy-to-navigate Metro system, as well as both regular bus services and a Bus Rapid Transit System which connect all areas of the bustling city. If you’re staying in Guangzhou for an extended period of time, it’s best to get a multi-purpose Ling Nan Tong - Yang Cheng Tong value card which allows you to pay for travel on the metro, bus and local ferries. As a bonus, you can also use it to pay for public phones and vending machines and for transactions in certain shops.
What’s the weather in Guangzhou?
You won’t notice the seasons changing much in Guangzhou, as the weather stays warm and humid throughout the year. However, there will be small amounts of frost and snow during the winter months. The weather is at its best from late September to early December. If you go to Guangzhou in July or August, brace yourself for heat. These months tend to see at least 40 days when it’s above 30°C (86°F).
*All amounts are in USD. Taxes and carrier surcharges included. No booking fee applicable.