San Jose, CR (SJO) to Nairobi (NBO)
Together with our global network, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines offers flights to Nairobi, serving Jomo Kenyatta International Airport (NBO). Our favourable flight schedules ensure you don’t have to leave or arrive at strange hours nor waste time working your schedule around your flights. Convenient departure and arrival times mean you can make the most of your travels.
Top Nairobi attractions
- Nairobi National Park: Kenya’s first national park and home to big-game animals.
- Giraffe Centre: conservation centre for giraffes set in a 94-acre forested nature park.
- National Museum: diverse cultural and natural history displays, including prehistoric fossils.
- David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust: you can ‘adopt’ a young orphan elephant to sponsor it as it grows up.
- The Maasai Market: pick up something totally unique in this thriving, traditional market.
Eager to learn more about your upcoming visit to Nairobi? Check out the KLM travel guide and let us walk you through the city’s best attractions!
What’s the best way to get around Nairobi?
Taxis are the most commonly used means of getting around, but it is important to hire carefully. Your best bet is to use a taxi app, such as Uber or Easy Taxi, as you’re less likely to get overcharged for being a tourist. Otherwise, “boda bodas”, or motorcycle taxis, are the cheapest way to get around. Make sure though the driver offers you a helmet; otherwise, it’s not worth the risk.
What’s the weather in Nairobi?
Kenya is consistently warm, and the best time to see wildlife is during the dry season from late June to October. This is when the majority of the migratory animals pass through Nairobi National Park, an unmissable sight.