Together with our global network, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines offers flights to Aalborg (Ålborg), serving Aalborg Airport (AAL). Have questions about your flight to Aalborg or your booking? We are here for you around the clock via Facebook, Messenger, Twitter and WhatsApp.
Top Aalborg attractions
- Aalborg Carnival: an annual cultural event in the city of Aalborg during the last week of May, famous for being the largest carnival in Scandinavia.
- Urtehaven Herb Garden: a unique garden with more than 300 different medicinal herbs, perfect for spending an afternoon.
- Kunsten Museum of Modern Art: a showplace for 20th-century Danish and international art, featuring both domestic and international modern art collections.
- Aalborgtårnet Observation Deck: a 55.9 metre tall observation tower built in the 1930’s, which includes a full-service restaurant at the top.
- Kongelig Toldkammer & Toldbodsplads: a famous building and square in Aalborg which was designed by architect Hack Kampmann. Enjoy its musical fountain shows and many nearby shops and restaurants.
Ready to explore the beauty of Aalborg? Plan your trip using our extensive travel guide; from the best places to eat and stay to all the practical information you need, we provide great tips to make your trip the best it can be!
What’s the best way to get around Aalborg?
You can catch the bus to travel around Aalborg, but the city centre is small enough to make walking a good option to explore the city and sightsee at the same time. For a quicker pace during the summer, rent a bike from various stations throughout the city. Taxis are also an option, but these tend to be quite expensive.
What’s the weather in Aalborg?
If you’re travelling to Aalborg during the winter months from November to March, expect temperatures between -2°C (28°F) and 6°C (42°F). The warmer months from June to September are usually much more comfortable, with temperatures averaging around 17°C (62°F). Aalborg has no dry season, however, which means there is still a 55 percent chance of rain during the summer, so be sure to pack some wellies and an umbrella. As May tends to be the driest month, with temperatures just beginning to rise, you’ll have the best chance of great weather then.
*All amounts are in EUR. Taxes and surcharges included. A payment surcharge may apply. For travel wholly within Europe, to North America, to South America (except Paramaribo) and to the Caribbean no free check-in baggage is included. For other intercontinental travel, at least 1 piece of check-in baggage included, free of charge. View all baggage details.