Top flight deals to Addis Ababa (ADD)*
Together with our global network, we as KLM Royal Dutch Airlines offer flights to Addis Ababa, serving Addis Ababa Bole International Airport (ADD) 6 km southeast of the city centre of Addis Ababa in Ethiopia. When you book an intercontinental flight with us, we’ll keep you entertained in-flight. You’ll be across the world before you know it!
Top Addis Ababa attractions
- Lion of Judah Monument: this monument has been a symbol of the monarchy for decades, but was looted by the Italians in the 1930s and not returned until the 1960s.
- Merkato: an authentic market in the centre of the city; you’ll find so many things to buy here.
- 'Red Terror' Martyrs Memorial Museum: funded by donation only, this museum details the terror suffered after the fall of Emperor Haile Selassie.
- Holy Trinity Church: the final resting place of Emperor Haile Selassie and his wife, this is regarded as one of the most important churches in Ethiopia.
- National Museum: the collection is known as one of the most significant in sub-Saharan Africa.
Addis Ababa is the capital and largest city in Ethiopia, with a tumultuous history. You’ll find plenty to do here.
What’s the best way to get around Addis Ababa?
There are shared minibuses available, though these fill up quick and can feel a little cramped. Otherwise, you could rent a car. If you decide to get around the city on foot, make sure to orient yourself and mind your belongings.
What’s the weather in Addis Ababa?
Surprisingly, Addis Ababa doesn’t experience very high temperatures, but instead gets a year-round average of between 16°C (61°F) and 20°C (68°F). If you visit during July and August, make sure you bring an umbrella because these are the months most prone to rainfall.
*All amounts are in EUR. Taxes and surcharges included. A payment surcharge may apply. For travel wholly within Europe, to North America, to South America (except Paramaribo) and to the Caribbean no free check-in baggage is included. For other intercontinental travel, at least 1 piece of check-in baggage included, free of charge. View all baggage details.