Munich (MUC) to Des Moines (DSM)
Berlin (BER) to Des Moines (DSM)
Bremen (BRE) to Des Moines (DSM)
Dusseldorf (DUS) to Des Moines (DSM)
Frankfurt (FRA) to Des Moines (DSM)
Hanover (HAJ) to Des Moines (DSM)
Hamburg (HAM) to Des Moines (DSM)
Nuremberg (NUE) to Des Moines (DSM)
Stuttgart (STR) to Des Moines (DSM)
Together with our global network, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines offers flights to Des Moines, serving Des Moines International Airport (DSM) in the US state of Iowa. As oldest airline in the world operating under its original name, we know how to make your travel experience as smooth and comfortable and possible regardless of your destination. So sit back, and relax while we take you Des Moines and beyond!
Top Des Moines attractions
- Capitol Building: the location of the Iowa General Assembly, set atop a hill with panoramic views of downtown Des Moines.
- Iowa State Fairgrounds: the fairgrounds where the Iowa State Fair is situated, offering many activities.
- John & Mary Pappajohn Sculpture Park: a large art park home to artwork by over twenty globally-renowned artists.
- Blank Park Zoo: the largest zoo in the state of Iowa with over 800 creatures.
- Greater Des Moines Botanical Gardens: a stunning botanical garden in the heart of downtown Des Moines.
What’s the best way to get around Des Moines?
The best way to travel around Des Moines is by car, so it is a good idea to look into hiring a vehicle for the duration of your visit. This way you can get out on the open road and really see what Des Moines has to offer. Public transport is available within the city, with many bus lines linking up different neighbourhoods. Buses are regular and reliable, so you'll never be waiting long during the day, and there are plenty of evening services available too.
What’s the weather in Des Moines?
Des Moines tends to be quite hot and humid, especially during June, so if you are planning your visit to Des Moines around summertime, expect high temperatures and a good chance of rain. Temperatures drop significantly in the colder seasons, and it's not uncommon for there to be plenty of ice and snow on the ground, especially during December and January.
*All amounts are in EUR. Taxes and surcharges included. A payment surcharge may apply. For travel wholly within Europe, to North America, to South America (except Paramaribo) and to the Caribbean no free check-in baggage is included. For other intercontinental travel, at least 1 piece of check-in baggage included, free of charge. View all baggage details.