Together with our global network, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines offers flights to Innsbruck, serving Innsbruck Airport (INN). Once your flight to Innsbruck is booked, why not take advantage of our Flying Blue frequent-flyer programma? Become a member to start earning Miles on your flight that can be redeemed for fantastic upgrades, and best of all, it’s completely free!
Top Innsbruck attractions
- Innsbrucker Nordkettenbahnen: a gondola lift from Innsbruck to the Nordkette, the southernmost mountain chain of the Karwendel.
- Alpenzoo Innsbruck-Tirol: marvel at the rare Alpine birds and mammals at this zoo located at the foot of the Nordkette mountains.
- Schloss Ambras: a historic castle 587 m above sea level, built in the 16th century.
- Altstadt von Innsbruck: the scenic old town of Innsbruck, featuring picturesque buildings, cafes and shops.
- Hofkirche: a royal court church and mausoleum built in 1533, a wonderful example of Gothic and Renaissance architecture.
Surrounded by the Alps, Innsbruck is a popular site for winter sports. Skiing is not the only thing to do here, however; this large city with a small-town feel has many interesting things to do and places to go. Innsbruck has been an important political centre for centuries, leaving behind an important historical legacy.
What’s the best way to get around Innsbruck?
The public transport system Innsbrucker Verkehrsbetriebe (IVB) includes buses and tram lines granting easy transport for anyone without a car. The fare costs less than EUR 2, but it might be more practical to get a 24-hour ticket for EUR 4,40. We recommend you pay attention to the destination displays and announcements, though the city's website has a useful tool that allows you to map out your best route. Walking is probably the best way to know and truly enjoy the Old Town, since most of its major landmarks are within reasonable distances.
What’s the weather in Innsbruck?
Because of its altitude and distance from the sea, the city has a continental climate. Winter is cold and snowy, with an average temperature of -1,5°C (29,5°F). Therefore, between December and April, lots of people visit to practice their winter sports. July has the most rain of any month, but summer is generally warm during the day with an average temperature of 18,6°C (65,5°F). While few tourists visit Innsbruck in autumn, it is beautiful with the leaves changing colour.
*All amounts are in EUR. Taxes and surcharges included. A payment surcharge may apply. For travel wholly within Europe, to North America, to South America (except Paramaribo) and to the Caribbean no free check-in baggage is included. For other intercontinental travel, at least 1 piece of check-in baggage included, free of charge. View all baggage details.