Together with our global network, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines offers flights to Basel, serving EuroAirport Mulhouse Basel Freiburg (EAP/BSL). We pride ourselves on our ability to get you where you need to go and our commitment to getting your there on time. In fact, we have been recognised for our punctuality in the past, and we intend to keep it this way. Book your next flight to Mulhouse/Basel with us today!
Top Basel attractions
- Basel Minster: a stunning red sandstone Protestant church built between 1019 and 1500, formerly a Catholic cathedral.
- Jean Tinguely Museum: an art museum in the city centre with a fantastic permanent collection.
- Rheinfähre: take a ferry trip along the River Rhine for a different perspective on the city.
- Solitude Park: a beautiful urban park located on the bank of the Rhine River.
- Spalentor City Gate: one of the most impressive surviving gates to the old walled city of Basel.
What’s the best way to get around Basel?
Much of the old city is closed off to vehicles because the streets are narrow and steep, so Basel is best explored on foot. If you're heading further out of Basel, you can catch the tram. There are many inexpensive and reliable services operating day and night to assist you in reaching your destination. Car hire is not recommended to visitors as the roads can be difficult to navigate for those unfamiliar with them.
What’s the weather in Basel?
Basel’s climate is warm and humid during the summer, with temperatures reaching highs of 26°C (79°F) in the hottest month of August. Temperatures drop during winter months as frost and snow begins to set in, making it the perfect time to visit for skiers and mountain climbers!