Together with our global network, we as KLM Royal Dutch Airlines offer flights to São Paulo, serving Guarulhos International Airport (GRU) and Congonhas Airport (CGH) in Brazil. Our flights to over 150 destinations and international network of partner airlines expanding your horizons to over 500 destinations, keep you connected to the world. It also means less time wasted in airports and no more unnecessary waiting.
Top São Paulo attractions
- São Paulo Cathedral: largest Catholic cathedral in the city and features neo-Gothic architecture.
- Museu do Futebol: a museum housing everything from traditional exhibits to interactive displays of everything ‘futebol’.
- Liberdade District: Japanese district offering an abundance of Asian markets and shops.
- Ibirapuera Park: equivalent to New York City’s Central Park, where visitors can bike, jog or simply relax under a shaded tree.
- Banespa: a 161-metre-high skyscraper that offers a spectacular view of the city.
Want more ideas of what to do and where to eat while you travel through São Paulo? Check out our travel guide to get expert tips on everything you need to know.
What’s the best way to get around São Paulo?
São Paulo has a convenient public transport system, with the metro being the easiest way to get around. Four lines run through the city; however, you’ll have to hop on the bus to get to some specific locations and should stick to taxis for late night outings. It may best to avoid hiring a car to drive yourself. Automobiles constantly flood the streets, and parking is nearly impossible to find.
What’s the weather in São Paulo?
The weather varies, but one thing is for sure, you’ll need an umbrella, especially if you’re visiting in the summer (January through May). During summer, temperatures vary between lows of 19°C (66°F) and highs of 28°C (82°F). However, the city still experiences four seasons, where winters are mild and sub-dry.