Valencia (VLC) to Alesund (AES)
Malaga (AGP) to Alesund (AES)
Alicante (ALC) to Alesund (AES)
Madrid (MAD) to Alesund (AES)
Barcelona (BCN) to Alesund (AES)
Bilbao (BIO) to Alesund (AES)
Ibiza (IBZ) to Alesund (AES)
Mallorca (PMI) to Alesund (AES)
Together with our global network, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines offers flights to Ålesund, serving Ålesund Airport (AES). We have been recognised for our punctuality in the past few years, and we intend to keep it this way. This is why we are committed to getting you where you need to go on time. Book your next flight to Ålesund with us today!
Top Ålesund attractions
- Fjellstua Viewpoint: a famous viewing point overlooking Ålesund, featuring a restaurant/bar at the top.
- Sukkertoppen (The Sugar Top): a hiking trail in Ålesund which takes you to ‘The Sugar Top,’ where you can get a magnificent view with both city, coast and fjord in one!
- Waldehuset Museum: a museum commemorating the only house in the eastern district of Ålesund which was not burned down during the great fire of January 1904.
- Aksla Stadion: a famous stadium in Ålesund, which also provides visitors with excellent views of the city.
- Alnes Lighthouse: a historical lighthouse established in 1852 to guide fishing boats safely to the harbour of the small fishing community of Alnes on Godøy island, 30 minutes from Ålesund.
For more information on what not to miss in Ålesund, take a look at our travel guide to get the most out of your visit.
What’s the best way to get around Ålesund?
A few local buses — Route 611, 618, and 624 — cover the area well; however, exploring by foot is a great option as well. With skiing and hiking on the cards, this is a destination for the sure-footed.
What’s the weather in Ålesund?
Ålesund tends to be cool and humid year-round, with temperatures averaging between 1°C (33°F) and 6°C (42°F) during the winter months of November to March, and 10°C (50°F) to 14°C (57°F) during the summer months of June to September.