Helsinki (HEL) to Saint Louis (STL)
Top St Louis attractions
- Gateway Arch: at 190 metres high, it symbolises the city’s role as a gateway to the West.
- Busch Stadium: a baseball park with a rich history and the home of the St Louis Cardinals.
- City Museum: features an outdoor playground and an aquarium with over 10.000 sea creatures.
- Missouri Botanical Garden: comprises a Japanese garden, a rose garden, and an herbarium among statues and gleaming ponds.
- St Louis Zoo: commonly considered one of the nation’s best, it’s free and houses 18.000 animals.
What’s the best way to get around St Louis?
St Louis has an efficient and dependable public transport system. Attractions are spread throughout the city, but there’s always an option to get you to where you’re going. The MetroBus system operates 70 different city routes. A more efficient way of getting around downtown is by taking the trolley; you can purchase an all-day ticket to save money.
What’s the weather in St Louis?
If you like the heat, July and August are the best months to visit, with average temperatures around 30°C (86°F). If that’s too hot for you, the spring and fall months average around 20°C (68°F). St Louis doesn’t experience a very harsh winter, but the average low does drop below 0°C (32°F) for much of winter. The city gets about 110 cm (43 in) of rain each year, which is just above the U.S. average.