Together with our global network, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines offers flights to Faro, serving Faro Airport (FAO). Have any questions about your upcoming flight to Faro? Contact us via Facebook, Messenger, Twitter or WhatsApp and we'll get back to you with an answer as soon as possible.
Top Faro attractions
- Ilha Deserta: located in Portugal’s Algarve, this beach is a paradise of sun, sea, and sand.
- Old Town Faro: take a stroll around the beautiful and historic area of the city, filled with pedestrian lanes and outdoor cafes.
- Faro Cathedral: an architecturally-stunning cathedral dating back to the sixteenth-century.
- Rua Dr. Franciso Gomes: a lovely cobbled street filled with restaurants, cafes, and late-night shops.
- Estadio Algarve: the home of football in Faro, the stadium is a great site for football fans to visit.
What’s the best way to get around Faro?
Walking is the best way to get around Faro, and the town is fairly compact, so you won't have to walk far to see all of the best attractions. If you are heading further out of the centre or would like to use public transport, you can catch the bus; routes 16 and 14 loop the city regularly.
What’s the weather in Faro?
Faro has mild winters and warm summers so can be perfect to visit at any time of year. The best time to visit Faro is between May and September, when the sun shines every day, and there is little to no chance of rain. While the winter months remain warm, there is a higher chance of rain so expect a couple of showers.