Accra (ACC) to Fortaleza (FOR)
Together with our global network, we as KLM Royal Dutch Airlines operate flights to Fortaleza, serving Pinto Martins–Fortaleza International Airport (FOR). Have questions about your flight? Not a problem – our social service team is here to help you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and in multiple languages! Contact us easily via Facebook, Messenger, Twitter or WhatsApp. We’re happy to help!
KLM Destination: Fortaleza, Brazil
Top Fortaleza attractions
- Arena Castelão: famous for its participation in the 2014 World Cup, this well-cared-for stadium has a small World Cup Memorial.
- Praça Luíza Távora: an open square popular with families enjoying bike riding, playgrounds, lots of snack bars and local arts and crafts.
- Igreja de Nossa Senhora da Conceição da Prainha: the oldest church in the city, this small Colonial-style church is decorated with beautiful blue tiles.
- Centro de Turismo do Ceará: located in a former jail and near to the fort which gave its name to Fortaleza, there are plenty of small artisan shops offering souvenirs and local foods.
- Iracema Beach: located downtown and famous for its great view of the often-stunning sunsets, the beach sports a long pier, small stalls selling cold drinks and snacks, and clean sand.
To discover more of the best of Fortaleza, take a look at our travel guide. It has all of the information you’ll need for your visit!
What’s the best way to get around Fortaleza?
The Metrofor is a popular and reliable way to get around the city. Buses offer a very economical way of touring the city and one ticket allows you to change lines at no extra cost. Most bus lines run seven days a week between 05:00 to 23:00. There are also approximately 4.000 taxis to choose from!
What’s the weather in Fortaleza?
Fortaleza temperatures range from 23-31°C (73-87°F) throughout the year. If you want to stay dry, the best months to visit are between July and November when there is virtually no rain!