Together with our global network, we as KLM Royal Dutch Airlines offer flights to Paramaribo, serving Johan Adolf Pengel International Airport (PBM). Discover the beauty of Suriname with us. Paramaribo is just one of the 150 destinations we serve worldwide. Book your flights today!
Top Paramaribo attractions
- Fort Zeelandia: built in 1640 by the French, this beautiful fort now serves as a museum.
- Paramaribo Zoo: a zoo dating back to 1972.
- Central Suriname Nature Reserve: a protected tropical rainforest.
- Garden of Palms: this landscaped garden showcases tall royal palm trees.
- Saint Peter and Paul Cathedral: a wooden Roman Catholic cathedral.
Find out more about the highlights of Paramaribo with our travel guide. We’ve researched the best of Paramaribo for your convenience.
What’s the best way to get around Paramaribo?
There are some privately run bus services you can use to travel around Paramaribo but there are no fixed schedules - buses depart from the bus station when they are full. To explore Paramaribo, you’d be best to hire a car for the duration of your visit or take taxis to and from your destination.
What’s the weather in Paramaribo, Suriname?
Leave your jumpers at home, because you won’t be needing them in Paramaribo! The average temperature all year round is 27°C (81°F) to 28°C (82°F). Rainfall is to be expected if you’re visiting during Paramaribo’s wettest months: May and June.