Hong Kong (HKG) to Detroit (DTT)
Together with our global network, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines offers flights to Detroit, serving Detroit Metropolitan Airport (DTT). Not sure what to pack yet? Put your worries aside and let our pack assistant BB (Blue Bot) help you out via Google Home. Based on your KLM destination, your traveling time and the local weather forecast, she will recommend you're packing list for Detroit together with you. Packing your bag was never this easy!
Top Detroit attractions
- Ford Field: a multi-purpose indoor stadium located downtown, home to the Detroit Lions, and primarily hosting American football games.
- The Z Lot: a small alley filled with local street art, definitely worth a visit.
- Fisher Building: a landmark skyscraper in the Art Deco style dating from 1928.
- Campus Martius Park: a large park in the centre of downtown Detroit.
- Belle Isle Park: a 982-acre island park along the Detroit River.
What’s the best way to get around Detroit?
You can catch a bus, which run 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in Detroit – perfect for travelling around the city centre or even heading further out to the suburbs. If you are staying within the city centre, you can also catch the PeopleMover, a tram line that loops the city regularly. Taxis are also an option, you can hail these down as they pass or find the nearest taxi rank – try to avoid taking taxis during rush hour though, otherwise you may be stuck in the heavy Detroit traffic for quite some time!
What’s the weather in Detroit?
During the warmer season from May to September, Detroit is hot and humid, with temperatures often reaching 28°C (83°F). In the colder months, Detroit experiences cold snaps that can see the temperature drop well below freezing and substantial snow fall – perfect if you’re looking to experience a White Christmas.
*All amounts are in HKD. Taxes and carrier surcharges included. No booking fee applicable.