Fly to Cartagena with KLM
Together with our global network, as KLM Royal Dutch Airlines we offer the most convenient flights to Cartagena, serving Rafael Núñez International Airport (CTG) in the north-west of Colombia. We recognise that your time is valuable, which is why we are committed to getting you where you need to go on time. We have been recognised for our punctuality in the past, and we intend to keep it this way, so book your next flight to Cartagena with us today to make the most out of your trip!
Top Cartagena attractions
- Walled City of Cartagena: a real gem of colonial architecture, packed with churches, monasteries, plazas, palaces and mansions with their overhanging balconies and shady patios.
- Oceanario: a scenic aquarium located on Isla Rosario, featuring regular aquatic shows, dolphin activities, and more!
- Mud Volcano: a 15-metre mud volcano popular with tourists for its naturally heated mud, which is good for the skin.
- San Felipe de Barajas Castle: a stunning historic fortress located on the Hill of San Lázaro, built in 1536.
- Joyeria Caribe Emerald Museum: a famous emerald museum and shop offering visitors informative tours, and the opportunity to witness the emerald polishing and cutting process.
Before your holiday to Cartagena, take a look at our travel guide for more tips and tricks on navigating the city and the best local hotspots for food and entertainment.
What’s the best way to get around Cartagena?
Cartagena’s Old Town is best seen on foot, so walking is the recommended option for getting around. If you do want to take public transport, buses run every 15 to 30 minutes between the town centre and the bus station and cost about COP 2.500. The route takes 40 minutes from beginning to end.
What’s the weather in Cartagena?
Pack your sun cream because Cartagena is warm all year! With average lows of 24°C (75°F) and highs of 32°C (90°F), you’re sure to catch a tan. If you want to avoid the rainy season, we’d recommend you visit between December and April when the chance of rain is very slim. October is the wettest month, with a 54 percent chance of rain.