Budapest (BUD) to Tel Aviv (TLV)
Together with our global network, we as KLM Royal Dutch Airlines always offer the most convenient flights to Tel Aviv, serving Ben Gurion International Airport (TLV), 19 km to the southeast of Tel Aviv, Israel. We’re here to make sure our favourable flight schedules fit neatly into your busy agenda. Our convenient departure and arrival times make it easy for you to work a flight into your agenda.
Top Tel Aviv attractions
- Tel Aviv Museum of Art: see works from the 16th century to present day from local and international artists.
- Sarona Centre: eat, drink and shop to your heart's content at this innovative urban market.
- Park HaYarkon: take in the green scenery, people watch or explore the Rock and Tropical garden.
- Gordon-Frishman Beach: enjoy the powdery sands and Mediterranean views.
- Namal: hang out at the cafes or indoor market in the rejuvenated old port area.
Nicknamed ‘The White City’ due to its Bauhaus architecture, Tel Aviv offers a vibrant, artistic and cosmopolitan atmosphere. Check out our travel guide to find inspiration for your next adventure.
What’s the best way to get around Tel Aviv?
The two most popular ways to move around the city is by bicycle and railway system. If you're an experienced rider, you can go through the popular Rothschild Boulevard, Ben Gurion Avenue, Ibn Gabirol Street and the Park HaYarkon. The railway is comfortable, fast and easy to use, even for tourists. In addition, the bus system is cheap and reliable. The Dan cooperative also runs a touristic route that goes through the popular museums and the Old Jaffa area. Taxis have different fares according to the time of the day, but they all use meters.
What’s the weather in Tel Aviv?
The Mediterranean climate gives Tel Aviv an all-time summer feel, perfect to enjoy any outdoor activity. The average temperatures vary from 10°C (50°F) to 30°C (85°F), and the hottest period is from June to October. Most of the rainfall happens from December to February.