Bangalore (BLR) to Dar es Salaam (DAR)
Mumbai (BOM) to Dar es Salaam (DAR)
Delhi (DEL) to Dar es Salaam (DAR)
Together with our global network, we as KLM Royal Dutch Airlines offer flights to Dar es Salaam, serving Julius Nyerere International Airport (DAR). We recognise that your time is valuable, which is why we are committed to getting you where you need to go on time. We have been recognised for our punctuality in the past, and we intend to keep it this way, so book your next flight to Dar es Salaam with us today!
Top Dar es Salaam attractions
- Mbudya Island: an uninhabited island reachable by means of a 20-minute motorboat ride, famous for snorkelling, sunbathing and hiking.
- Azam Marine and Coastal Fast Ferries: a local ferry service which transports visitors to the nearby islands of Zanzibar and Pemba.
- Kivukoni Fish Market: an exuberant fish auction in Tanzania where you can buy fresh fish and enjoy the atmosphere.
- Village Museum: a museum established to preserve traditional cultures of Tanzania, displaying traditional huts of about 16 different Tanzanian ethnic groups.
- Kunduchi Wet 'N' Wild Water Park: a locally-famous waterpark featuring over 29 waterslides, many pools, and even go-karting.
Get ready to explore Dar es Salaam with our helpful travel guide. Full of everything you need to know about visiting Tanzania, you can be fully prepared for your trip to Africa.
What’s the best way to get around Dar es Salaam?
Taxis are cheap and plentiful, and you can hail one off the street during the day. At night, however, we recommend that you ring up a taxi firm as it can be difficult to track down parked taxis when it is dark. You can also catch a “daladala”, which is a small minibus. These run on set routes but there are no fixed stops, so you can get off at any time by shouting “shusha”. To head to the city centre, look for daladalas marked “postas”, which mean they are travelling to the central post office. Daladalas are very cheap and there are lots of them around, so they tend to be very popular.
What’s the weather in Dar es Salaam?
Expect sunshine and warm weather no matter when you visit, as the average temperature never drops below 23°C (73°F)! January is the warmest time to visit, with temperatures frequently heating up to above 30°C (86°F) and the chance of rain being virtually non-existent. Be careful of spring showers if you’re heading to Dar es Salaam in April; torrential downpours are common!