Together with our global network, we as KLM Royal Dutch Airlines offer flights to Portland, Oregon, serving Portland International Airport (PDX). On our intercontinental flights, you can enjoy excellent in-flight entertainment to make the flight much more enjoyable.
Top Portland attractions
- Oregon Museum of Science and Industry: the museum features rotating shows, science labs, submarine tours and a planetarium.
- Washington Park: a 400-acre park with a zoo and rose garden.
- Oregon Zoo: a conservation zoo.
- Portland Japanese Garden: a 5,5-acre garden with a waterfall, a teahouse and mountain views.
- Pittock Mansion: a historic museum focusing on local history.
Don’t miss any of the beauty of Oregon with our travel guide to Portland. We’ve got the lowdown on all the best attractions to visit on your trip.
What’s the best way to get around Portland?
Portland is best explored on foot, and travelling around downtown Portland in this manner is actually quicker than attempting to drive; most people can walk through the city centre in just 15 minutes. For a quicker speed, hire a bike. The TriMet runs four light rail lines that intersect through downtown Portland every 15 minutes or so.
What’s the weather in Portland?
Portland is famed for its dull, wet weather, so you’ll need to pack your waterproofs and warm layers. Temperatures peak at an average of 21°C (69°F) in July and the chance of rainfall is relatively low (by Portland’s standards!), so this could be the best time to visit for those who like it warmer. Temperatures plummet to a chilly -6°C (21°F) in January. During the winter, expect ice and snow.